What Are Brand Standards
and Why Are They Important?
- What products or services does your company offer?
- How long have you been in business?
- What are your company’s short-term goals?
- What are your long-term goals?
- Who are your current customers?
- Who are your prospects?
- Who are you targeting that you aren’t already reaching?
- Who are your competitors?
- How do your competitors brand their businesses?
- What is the tone of your business?
- What do you want to convey with your brand?
A good marketing agency can translate these questions into a brand that identifies your company and goals. The agency will create a logo, website, collateral materials and a brand standards guide including both visual and voice guidelines. The visual guidelines will include the fonts used in your logo and website, while the voice guidelines outline how to speak with your customers from the sales floor to social media. Already have a logo, website or collateral material? It isn’t too late to create your brand standards. Use a software program such as Adobe Photoshop to identify the colors and fonts used in your logo, view your website’s cascading style sheet (CSS) for fonts and write down fonts used in your word processing documents and email marketing. Need help? Contact a marketing and communications agency today to create your brand standards.
Point Taken Communications, a boutique Jacksonville public relations and marketing firm serving brands nationwide, creates engaging campaigns that ignite positive change and move audiences to action. We go above and beyond, ensuring each client gets the best return on its investment. Our team of senior professionals has decades of experience bringing bold, creative ideas to life to help companies and nonprofits grow and evolve. At Point Taken, our clients inspire us to fuel progress for your organization, your industry and our world.