Five Key Elements of
Effective Email Campaigns
An email campaign is only as effective as its content. Boring subject line — no one will open your email. No pictures? Subscribers could hit delete immediately. Make your e-blast shine through all the inbox clutter with these five key elements of effective email campaigns:
1. A strong subject line: The subject line introduces your email. Without an enticing subject line, members of your email list are not going to open your email. Always start out strong but avoid junk words like “Buy,” “Clearance” or “Order” that are sure to send your e-blast to a spam folder.
2. One key point: Don’t try to get across multiple messages in one e-blast. Too much information can be confusing. Concentrate on one key point per e-blast to ensure your main message doesn’t get lost. It’s okay to include sidebars or footers with links to other information, promotions or events, but don’t let these less-important pieces of information take away from your key message.
3. Relevant pictures: Most people who receive your marketing email are not going to read what you have to say; they are going to skim it. Instead of concentrating on text to convey your key points, employ photos that speak a thousand words.
4. Contact information: It is so easy to write an email from your own point of view that you may forget some of the most vital elements of an e-blast. Just because you have your own phone number, email and website memorized doesn’t mean your clients (or potential clients) have any idea how to find you. Always remember to include clear and prominent contact information in every email marketing campaign.
5. A Call to Action: Don’t just leave them hanging. Give your e-blast subscribers a reason to contact you. A simple “Call Now” or “Buy Now” button at the bottom of an email is the perfect way to remind your audience to take action.
While every e-blast may not lead to a sale, continued and consistent messaging reminds subscribers of your brand. Staying top of mind is an important marketing strategy, so use these five key elements of effective email campaigns to be the first company prospects think of when ready to buy!
Point Taken Communications is a Jacksonville, Fla.-based company specializing in public relations, marketing and web design for corporations, medium-sized businesses, small businesses, firms and nonprofit agencies across the country. We increase the return on your investment by managing your brand and messaging across all channels to ensure clarity and consistency. We are a full-service agency built to help businesses and nonprofits promote their products, services and mission to drive more dollars and donations. At Point Taken, you only work with senior-level professionals with a wealth of marketing, PR and web design knowledge who can maximize your budget, guide your marketing efforts and get the job done right the first time.
Point Taken Communications, a boutique Jacksonville public relations and marketing firm serving brands nationwide, creates engaging campaigns that ignite positive change and move audiences to action. We go above and beyond, ensuring each client gets the best return on its investment. Our team of senior professionals has decades of experience bringing bold, creative ideas to life to help companies and nonprofits grow and evolve. At Point Taken, our clients inspire us to fuel progress for your organization, your industry and our world.