Nonprofit & Small Business Media Relations: How to Manage the Media
Strong relationships with journalists are vital to positive coverage of your small business or nonprofit organization. Unlike paid advertising, editorial coverage brings an extra level of credibility to your organization. From pitching stories to writing press releases, Point Taken Communications can develop a newsworthy story to highlight your small business or nonprofit organization.
Point Taken uses media relations tactics including:
- Product or Service Pitches
- Press Releases
- Community Calendar Entries
- Media Alerts
- Award Applications
- Award Announcements
- New Hire Communications
- Thought Leadership
- Editorial Calendar Planning
- Public Speaking Opportunities
- Nonprofit Partnerships
Journalists cover stories based on five main principles that make your story newsworthy:
1. Timing — is it new?
2. Significance — does it affect a lot of people?
3. Proximity — is it nearby or far away?
4. Prominence — does it involve someone famous?
5. Human interest — does it appeal to emotions?
At Point Taken, we understand these principles and know how to create stories journalists want to cover.
Point Taken is a Jacksonville media relations, public relations and marketing firm serving small businesses and nonprofit organizations nationwide. Contact us now to find out how Point Taken Communications can manage all of your small business or nonprofit media relations needs.